- in implementing the Corporate Plan, Management Action Plans and ensuring that budget is aligned to planning initiatives,
- in developing a Concept Paper - District Development Authorities
- establishing Secretariat to support Parliamentary Committee on the Public Service,
- to the Department and its mandated functions,
- oversight of the Department’s priority programs,
- on public service reforms and capacity development,
- in implementing and administering the Public Services (Management) Act,
- under devolution to empower Agency Heads in their operational HRM roles and responsibilities,
- in the administration of the Salaries and Conditions Monitoring Committee Act 1978,
- in the conduct of industrial relations with Public Sector Unions,
- on Government Office Accommodation and Public Service housing.
- set terms and conditions of employment for the Public Service.
- in ensuring that Code of Conduct and Revised General Orders are adhered to and refresher training conducted annually.
- attend to other statutory obligations.
- Coordinate and manage the activities of the office of the Secretary for the Department
Internal Audit Services
- Conduct audits, provide reports and follow up corrective actions in compliance with the Public Finance (Management) Act 1995 and the Financial Manual.
- Prepare agenda papers and reports on audits undertaken for consideration by Secretary at quarterly Audit Committee Meetings.
Media and Public Relations
- Effective and efficient communication strategy for DPM.
- Public Relations Strategy designed to build and develop the reputation of DPM which is effective, efficient and sustainable.
- Responsible for distribution of agendas and minutes of EMT meetings.
Legal and Investigations Advisory
- Provide legal advice on matters concerned with the administration of the Public Services (Management) Act 2013 and the Salaries and Conditions Monitoring Committee Act 1978.
- Undertake or assist in the investigation of and prepare appropriate reports on the investigations on matters regarding the administration of the principle acts of the department.
- Assist in investigation of Department Heads as per NEC directives.