OVERSEAS TRAINING BID APPLICATION FOR 2019 SCHOLARSHIPS FUNDED BY AUSTRALIA GOVERNMENT
The Department of Personnel Management (DPM) is calling for the submission of the Annual Training Application Scholarship Aid Bids (Training Bids) for funding under arrangements between the Governments of Australia and Papua New Guinea.
Please note that the Government of Australia (GoA) Australia Awards Scholarships only offers long term awards programs.
In submitting Training Bids, HR Managers are instructed to ensure that they comply with the requirements outlined in this Circular Instruction.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS ON ELIGIBILITY
- All Training Bids are to be forwarded direct to the office of the Secretary for DPM.
- Public Servants who apply for AAS through the Open Category will automatically be eliminated in the first instance.
- All Training Bids must be approved and endorsed by the Head of the Organization or their delegates.
- All Training Bids must be supported by the Organization's Learning and Development Plans and Key Result Areas.
- Training Bids must be compliant with the Development Priorities of the Government of PNG (GoPNG).
- Please refer to appendices marked AAS for details of the development priorities for the Governments of Australia.
- Applicants must be permanent public servants and have completed a minimum of two years in their chosen field of study (e.g. HR Manager applying for Bachelor of Business (HRM).
- Training Bids and applications are encouraged from Public Servants who meet the requirements of General Order No. 6.
Training Bids have a number of specific requirements including:
- It should be aligned with the organization's five-year Learning & Development Plan
- It must only endorse candidates who meet the organization's required years of contribution to service upon completion of studies.
Additionally, ASS gives priority to the following applicant categories:
- Persons Living with a Disability
- People living and working in rural and provincial centers
To assist DPM in its deliberations I urge all line Departments, Provincial Administrations and Statutory Bodies to submit their organization's Five Year Learning & Development Plans along with their Training Bids for consideration.
All bids submitted will be analyzed and considered for compliance against the Department's Learning & Development Plans and General Order 6 requirements. Failure to comply with the above requirements will lessen the chances of applicants from your organization securing a scholarship.
LEVEL OF PROGRAMMES AND MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- PhD (Doctoral) - Master's Degree (preferably by Research).
- Priority is given to those employed in Higher Education and Research Institutes
- Post Graduate Programs - A recognized undergraduate degree with the equivalent of a ' C' grade average or higher.
- Only Masters Degrees by coursework will be supported.
- Undergraduate - Completion of Senior Secondary studies (Grade 12 equivalent) and have gained a ' C' grade average or higher in all subjects taken.
- Diploma - Completion of at least Senior Secondary studies (Grade 12 equivalent or Grade 10/11 with relevant work experie nce), and have gained the equivalent of a ' C' grade average or higher in all subjects taken.
Only a limited and highly competitive number of PhD, Undergraduate and Diploma level scholarships will be available under the 2019 Australia Awards Scholarships.
REQUIREMENT OF THE SUBMISSION OF THE BID FORMS
All Training Bids must be submitted using the attached revised Training Bid forms. These forms must be completed, stamped and endorsed by the appropriate authorities. Completed Training Bid forms, together with certified copies ofrelevant certificates and documents , must be received by DPM by COB 28th February 2018 for Australia Awards Scholarships.
The following attachments will- assist you in submitting your organization's Training Bid:
- Overseas Scholarship Training Bid Form
- Summary Form A - Summary of Bids in Priority Order
- Specimen Signatory Form
- Appendix I : AAS 2018 PRIORITY SECTORS AND FIELDS OF STUDY
Summary Form A requires you to list your candidates in order of priorit y. The same listing should be reflected in your letter accompanying the Training Bid.
Any queries or request received after the closing date for re-prioritizing of your priority list will not be entertained.
Applicants are also required to apply online for the Australia Awards Scholarships. Application forms for Australia Awards Scholarships can be downloaded from www.australiaawardspng.org